All seniors must register for a minimum of 5 academic credits to be considered a full-time student. A senior who has met all graduation requirements to date and is scheduled for a study hall at the beginning and/or at the end of the school day may request to participate in the senior privilege opportunity. Students must submit “Senior Privilege” paperwork to the counseling office in order to be reviewed. Submission of Senior Privilege paperwork does not guarantee that request will be granted. Course requirements take precedent over privilege requests.
If granted by Administration, senior privileges provide students the opportunity to sign in to school late or leave early in lieu of staying at school in a study hall period. Students on senior privilege are not permitted to remain on campus unsupervised and, if deciding to stay at school, must report to the designated study hall for that period. School Administration reserves the right to rescind senior privilege if necessary and parents have the right to rescind permission at any time.
Students applying for senior privilege must meet all of the following criteria:
- )Grade Point Average Requirement: A student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or greater at the time of the application. Students must then maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout the year. Failure to maintain this basic academic standing will result in the loss of senior privilege until the requirement is met. Students may then be added to academic classes or study hall periods based on administrations discretion.
- )Availability of Schedule: Students applying for senior privilege must have open availability in their schedule and be free of all obligations. Students may not drop core classes or request alternative options (i.e. online languages) to free periods for senior privilege.
- )Available Transportation: Students are responsible for their own transportation. Students must also apply for parking if requesting senior privilege and providing their own transportation. Parking spots are provided to students based on a hierarchy of needs system. Parking is not guaranteed no matter what the individual circumstance. Students will lose this privilege and their parking privilege if found helping other students to leave school property without proper permission.
- )Satisfactory Attendance Record: Students are permitted no more than a combined five (5) unexcused absences/tardy to school within a marking period in order to maintain their senior privilege. Students who accumulate five (5) unexcused absences will have their senior privileges revoked and will be asked to use the time to make up missing work. Senior privilege will not be reinstated until the following marking period and/or at the discretion of the administration.
- )Parent/Guardian Permission: Both the student and the parent/guardian must sign the request and agreement form for senior privilege. The parent/guardian may withdraw this permission at any time.