- Increase and provide equal access to technology
- Promote student engagement and an enthusiasm for learning
- Provide 24/7 access to digital content to promote learning
- Encourage a customized learning approach
- Encourage communication and collaboration among students, teachers, and parents
- Provide students opportunities to connect to their learning in a meaningful and purposeful way
- Differentiate and individualize learning
- Establish a sense of ownership and responsibility
- Reduce the use of printed textbooks, workbooks, worksheets, and paper copies
- Nurture a sense of digital responsibility and citizenship
- Prepare students for postsecondary success
Grades 5-6 Parent Overview Webinar
For students in grades 5-6 (for the 2017-2018 school year), AGCS will be hosting a virtual webinar that parents can attend/watch to receive an overview of the modified 5th-6th grade program. In the webinar we will provide a program overview, review the long-term goals and vision of the initiative, explain the technology fee/insurance costs, cover basic laptop care, internet safety measures the school is taking, and offer an open question and answer period.
May 31st @ 8:00pm - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5QYF-H_cRQ
A recording of the webinar will be provided to parents in the event that they are unable to attend.
Grades 7-12 Parent Overview Meetings/Webinar
For students in grades 7-12 (for the 2017-2018 school year), AGCS will be hosting two virtual webinars that parents may attend to receive an overview of the modified 7th-12th grade program.
During these sessions, we will provide a program overview, review the long-term goals and vision of the initiative, explain the technology fee/insurance costs, cover basic laptop care, internet safety measures the school is taking, and offer an open question and answer period.
Please plan on attending one of the following webinar options:
May 18th @ 8:00pm - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYESeTXLzu8
May 24th @ 8:00pm - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P95LdHkdygk
A recording of the webinar will be provided to parents and students in the event that they are unable to attend one of the live sessions.
For all 5th-12th grade families, attendance during the scheduled webinar sessions or the completion of viewing the recording is required in order to complete the registration and fee structure elections via the AGCS 1:1 Program Handbook.
The review of the 1:1 Program Handbook, Acceptable Use Policy, and completion of all required forms are necessary in order for students to be issued devices during the Fall of the 2017-2018 school year.
1:1 Chromebook Documents and Forms
Parent Introduction Letter(Gr 5-6)
Parent Introduction Letter (Gr7-12)
AGCS 1:1 Program Handbook
1:1 Parent Acknowledgement Form
AGCS Acceptable Use Policy
Financial Hardship Form
AGCS will be developing an expanded Q&A Help Document based on parent and student questions. If you have a specific question that is not addressed in the 1:1 Program Handbook or during the overview sessions/recording, please submit it using this form.